The Estes Park Winter Festival is a fun-filled weekend for all ages and interests. Held every year over Martin Luther King, Jr. weekend in January, it is four days of events including:
- Amateur Chili Cook-Off (CASI sanctioned rules must be followed)
- Chili Cook-Off with local chefs
- Wine tastings with Colorado wineries
- Beer tastings from local microbreweries
- Live music from local and guest bands
All-you-can-taste chili tickets are $5; all-you-can-taste wine and beer tickets are $20 and include a commemorative glass.
The Estes Park Winter Festival kicks off with the EarthFest celebration, planet and star gazing at the Estes Park Memorial Observatory on Friday night and continues through Monday with lots of activities throughout:
- Cowboy Poetry & Ghost Stories (with smores and refreshments)
- Scavenger Hunt through town
- Horse & Carriage Rides
- Horseback Riding
- Art Gallery Walk
- Winter Trails Day in Rocky Mountain National Park
Many events are held in Bond Park under a heated Big Top tent, while other celebrate the outdoors with family activities and snow games including a snowman building contest.
Come experience everything the Estes Park Winter Festival has to offer. While you are here, come stay in our Estes Park vacation rentals and enjoy some Solitude after each day’s events.